GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
The Ordnance Society has always had a responsible attitude to the data it holds about individual members. Data is only held to enable the management of the Society in terms of its finances, the distribution of publications and information to members, and to enable members to contact other members with similar interests.
The Ordnance Society has never, and will never, share or sell members’ details to third party companies for any purposes.
The amount of data is very small and held in FOUR files: –
- Name and address list used for printing address labels for the Newsletters and Journals.
- E-mail lists of members used for informing people that the latest Newsletter is on the Ordnance Society web-site, available for an electronic download, with a password.
- Spreadsheet Register of “Members’ Interests”, held on the Ordnance Society web-site and is password protected; the password being available to individual members on request. Its purpose is to offer to Ordnance Society members the opportunity to list their interests and contact details, so that other members on the register with similar interests can make contact, and vice versa.
- Master Ordnance Society Membership List. This spreadsheet is used internally by the Ordnance Society Membership Secretary to record and update the data held on individual members. The data is listed below: –
OS Membership Number; Electronic Newsletter Y/N; Surname; First Name; Title; Organization Name; Address; e-mail address; Tel No(s); Date of Last Payment or Life Member; Payment Method; Interests.
The Ordnance Society will provide a copy of any individual’s data held in any of these files at their request; and make updates or corrections as requested.
A SPECIAL OFFER is available to new members who join in the next few months:-
1) A free DVD of artillery in museums, private collections and shows in the USA and Canada comprising of some 10,000 pictures. N.B. only a few left!
2) A £10 voucher from DP & G Military Publications, towards their Technical Publications range of booklets.
If you wish to join the Ordnance Society, please print off the PDF application form:
Application Form PDF and send to the address below, or download the ‘Word’ application form:
Application Form Word and e-mail it to: email@example.com
Mr. lan McKenzie
3 Maskell Way
GU14 OPU, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1252-521201
with your remittance.
Subscription rates are:
Life Member £250.00
Payment should be in pounds sterling by BACS, personal cheque, banker’s draft or International Money Order, payable to “The Ordnance Society”. BACS details are as follows:-
Barclays, Acc. no. 00720488, Sort Code 20-26-34
IBAN GB19 BARC2026 3400 7204 88 SWIFTBIC BARCG22
Overseas sterling cheques must be drawn on a London bank.
Special arrangements can be made for payment using ‘Paypal’ – contact The Ordnance Society for details.
The constitution of the Ordnance Society is available from the two ‘links’ below; the first of which is the original constitution and the second is an amendment passed at the 2014 AGM.
USING SOCIAL MEDIA
The Ordnance Society is introducing a Social Media Policy and requests members to read and comply with the policy: